The Presidential Award was the inspiration of our Past President, Dr. Alex Morrison to recognise and celebrate some of the outstanding personalities and individuals who have contributed to the life and work of the Society, and/or to the regional and national world of Scottish archaeology. It remains a fitting tribute to Alex and his commitment to Archaeology and this Society.
In previous years this has taken the form of a mosaic plaque by the outstanding Scottish mosaicist, Dugie MacInnes.
The terms of the award are –
1. The Award will be to an individual who has furthered the study of and rendered conspicuous services to archaeology in Scotland.
2. The individual must be a member of the Society.
3. The award will be presented in the final year of the President’s three-year term of Office, and the ceremony will normally precede the final lecture of their term of Office.
4. Nominations for the Award may be submitted by a Society member on prepared Nomination Forms and notice of the Award will be advertised during the President’s final term of office.
5. The final decision will be made by a simple majority of Council Members; the President casting the deciding vote of there is no majority.
Past Winners are – Lionel Masters, Elizabeth Rennie, Tam Ward, Professor Lawrence Keppie and Dr. Alex Morrison.
Image of Alex Morrison supplied by Sigrid Morrison.